This is Us- Season four

I really liked this episode too. I had hoped the trip to the dog park in Cali might bring a chance meeting with Sally. Although looks like the next show is all about Randall's family again.

It was just okay for me too. I love Nicky, and I was thinking he will stay in CA too. I wonder if he will try to find Sally. I like his interactions with Jack when they were younger. I'm trying to remember what happened. I know they were close, then stopped talking in Vietnam and I guess they never repaired their relationship. Is that right? I also remember a young child in Vietnam was killed by Nicky's negligence I think? Something about a boat and explosives? And Nicky was an addict.

The end was touching when he was talking to the twins.
Did Kevin and Nicky try to find Sally before but were too late and she was dead. Maybe I’m wrong?

I found this one a bit boring too but I guess it tells us how Nicky got there . I think he stays with them too.

I was half expecting Kevin to be listening to him on the baby monitor. Those are good babies not crying and hungry from 4:30 am until the sun came up when Kevin found him in the chair.

I thought the episode was slow but in the end liked it. Seeing everything, how Nicky dealt with choices in his life- he took the easy way by not making a decision. In the end, the Kevin naming one of the babies after him showing him he was family changed him. He made a decision to leave his comfort zone. The babies gave him purpose to live not just exist.

I adored last night's episode...one of the best of the series. Ugh, so many emotions!

This is one of the many reasons why I love this show. Everyone is going to get something different from it each week. I though this week was boring, and you love it. I though the episode a few weeks ago when we saw Jack with Kevin’s twins was one of the best of the series and others were saying it was boring. I’ll be so sad when this show ends.

Why didn't he go to meet Sally though? I know they agreed to meet at her van at 11:00 and at that time Nicky and his parents were all watching tv and the moon coverage. He kept looking at his parents and it was clear he was changing his mind, then it showed the police asking Sally to move the van. I was wondering why he didn't leave and why it was going to be a secret (he had said he was going to sneak out when they fell asleep)

Reactions: NAB
This is one of the many reasons why I love this show. Everyone is going to get something different from it each week. I though this week was boring, and you love it. I though the episode a few weeks ago when we saw Jack with Kevin’s twins was one of the best of the series and others were saying it was boring. I’ll be so sad when this show ends.

I think Nicky and I are one in the same....loners, traumatic past, awkward, recovering alcoholics. To see his story, and his growth, and his heart...ugh, I felt like it was a male ME on the screen. Gave me hope that one day I can move past my past and my fears and my brain.

And yes, I love that everyone feels something different from each episode. But, that each one brings us all together, regardless!

Why didn't he go to meet Sally though? I know they agreed to meet at her van at 11:00 and at that time Nicky and his parents were all watching tv and the moon coverage. He kept looking at his parents and it was clear he was changing his mind, then it showed the police asking Sally to move the van. I was wondering why he didn't leave and why it was going to be a secret (he had said he was going to sneak out when they fell asleep)
He said something to Jack earlier (when they were watching the landing) that his dad is better to his mom when he’s (Nicky) is there. He was going to go until he saw his mom reach for his dad’s hand - I think he stayed behind to protect his mom.

It was a secret because he didn’t want any comments if he backed out. The same reason he didn’t tell Kevin he was coming.

I'm surprised Cassidy didn't tell him about the liquid rule and he should check his box. She mentioned to him about the shoes.

I'm surprised Cassidy didn't tell him about the liquid rule and he should check his box. She mentioned to him about the shoes.
He wouldn’t tell her what was in the box. She didn’t know they were snow globes.

Clearly they could have just taken liberty with the scene, but it could also be that she did tell him, but because they were sealed and wrapped, he didn’t think it applied?

I think he didn't go because he felt like things were better and less volatile for his mom and dad when he was there and he was afraid if he left; it would start an argument between them and things would be worse for his mom living by herself in the home with his jerk of a dad.

My heart broke for Nicky during the airport scene.

This. I think it was the first episode that DH and I didn't like. It was just so upsetting that Nicky had worked soooo hard on the gifts only to not be able to take them. :sad: I had trouble understanding why he didn't just agree to have them mailed, but we at least wanted him to try to save the figurines when the glass broke. :sad2:

It was nice to see Cassidy again, though, and the part with the babies was sweet!

I was half expecting Kevin to be listening to him on the baby monitor.

That would have been cute.

I agree with others above that he'll wind up staying in California, and I did wonder if he'd try to look up Sally.

I agree that the reason he stayed was to protect his mom, but I was kind of mad that he didn't say goodbye to Sally and explain. I think she would have understood.

The preview made me mad, too. Tess is becoming a real brat as a teenager.

This. I think it was the first episode that DH and I didn't like. It was just so upsetting that Nicky had worked soooo hard on the gifts only to not be able to take them. :sad: I had trouble understanding why he didn't just agree to have them mailed, but we at least wanted him to try to save the figurines when the glass broke. :sad2:

It was nice to see Cassidy again, though, and the part with the babies was sweet!

He said he didn't want to show up empty handed. I guess that's why he picked up the books LOL. I felt awful when he got upset. I love Nicky and Kevins relationship.

He said he didn't want to show up empty handed. I guess that's why he picked up the books LOL. I felt awful when he got upset. I love Nicky and Kevins relationship.
Then why didn’t he just go back to ticketing and pay to check them as luggage? This scene and the scene with Kevin trying to get on the plane without his id make it appear the writers have rarely flown.

Then why didn’t he just go back to ticketing and pay to check them as luggage? This scene and the scene with Kevin trying to get on the plane without his id make it appear the writers have rarely flown.

Thats what he should have done, but that would make boring tv. The point of the scene was to have Nicky freak out and destroy the gifts. Also to make us feel empathy for Nicky. ( He worked so hard on the gifts and he was naive to think he could waltz through security with a wrapped package, the agent who was not sympathetic etc.)

Thats what he should have done, but that would make boring tv. The point of the scene was to have Nicky freak out and destroy the gifts. Also to make us feel empathy for Nicky. ( He worked so hard on the gifts and he was naive to think he could waltz through security with a wrapped package, the agent who was not sympathetic etc.)
Yeah I get all that but I see both examples I gave as sloppy writing. When the path around the drama is so obvious it is hard to accept the writers intent as a valid scenario.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter