What item on your room pack-list has significantly improved your stay?

My own fuzzy blanket. I like to turn the air down to the upper 60’s and huddle under my giant fuzzy blanket

We went in July & I packed ice packs, the kind you hit in a surface to break open. They were a life saver for the 7 of us.
We took a break put them on the back of our neck, creases of arms, legs face. They were cold & cooled us off to continue on with our day. I put atleast 3 cases of them spread out in our suitcases between clothes.
Do you know the name or brand that you bought of the ice packs?

We drive and bring...

Toilet Paper (husband calls Disney's TP "John Wayne TP" - it's rough and tough and takes s*** off no one! :) )
Clorox wipes
lysol spray
antibacterial hand sanitizer
liquid hand soap

For Xmas, a small Disney-themed tree and some decorations for the room/window.

I really like the closet organizer idea! Think I'll use that for our upcoming trip.

Laundry basket
toilet paper
our old comforter
multi-charger (haven't stayed onsite since some rooms had ports added)
pump hand soap
shampoo, conditioner, shower gel
Aeropress coffee maker
electric tea kettle
full sized bottle of coffee creamer

Laundry basket
toilet paper
our old comforter
multi-charger (haven't stayed onsite since some rooms had ports added)
pump hand soap
shampoo, conditioner, shower gel
Aeropress coffee maker
electric tea kettle
full sized bottle of coffee creamer
I’ve been super keen on bringing my own coffee grinds, except for when I realized value resorts don’t have coffee makers! Blew my mind!!

Does anyone know if they sell coffee filters at any of the resort gift shops? Not sure if I should bring my own...

USB charging hub
Pop up laundry hamper (When we buy it packaged up, it takes up almost no space. After the trip we throw it out because we can't get it small enough to go back in the suitcase.)
Nightlight when our kids were little
Good travel mug (we use the dining plan one to get coffee and tea then transfer it to a mug that will keep it hot)
Fleece blanket from home for my son with sensory issues
Flashlight-lets some kids read or find things in their room after other kids are asleep

For those mentioning noise machines, there’s a free app called Relax Melodies that plays all sorts of sounds. I’m partial to the river sounds as well as white noise and fan noise :)

We don’t go to WDW without multiple full charged charging sticks. Batteries drain quickly which can make searching for FPs and ADRs dicey.

Wet wipes for easy clean up.

We fly so it’s not something we pack but the first thing we buy is a case of bottled water from the gift shop.

Do you know the name or brand that you bought of the ice packs?

I just got the rite aid brand. There were 6 in a box. They are called instant cold packs... they stayed cold for about 10 min., it was just enough to get cooled off. Other brands may stay cold longer.

They really saved our trip we were so hot at times, they revived us!

Zip Lock Bags
Power strip
Pop Up Hampers
Liquid Hand Soap
Plastic cups (I bring two liter diet coke bottles so I don't have to go to the food court)
Paper Bowls and plastic cutlery
Clorox or Lysol Wipes
Air Freshener
Wet Wipes
Old Newspapers for wet shoes
All our own toiletries (we drive)

1. Wet wipes (if staying in a room with the new laminate flooring)
  2. Headphones or a sound machine for sleeping
  3. Chip clips to clip the curtains closed (I like pitch black for sleeping)
  4. Not really just for the room but a power bank that can charge more than one thing at a time
I'm going to modify a few of these.

1. A few antibacterial wipes for light switches, remote, phone, & water controls
2. Don't bring a separate sound machine, put white noise app on phone & use it at home before the trip to get comfortable with sounds you like.
3. No need to pack a separate item, just use a hanger in room with pants clips on curtains. Alternatively office clips can be used & are much smaller to pack.
4. Bring multiple power banks. So one can be charging in the room when you leave, come back for break & charge phone, leave spent bank & take fully charged one.

Last edited:
I'm going to modify a few of these.

1. A few antibacterial wipes for light switches, remote, phone, & water controls
2. Don't bring a separate sound machine, put white noise app on phone & use it at home before the trip to get comfortable with sounds you like.
3. No need to pack a separate item, just use a hanger in room with pants clips on curtains. Alternatively office clips can be used & ate much smaller to pack.
4. Bring multiple power banks. So one can be charging in the room when you leave, come back for break & charge phone, leave spent bank & take fully charged one.
Are you telling me to pack those or is that what you pack lol? I’m confused.

1. We don’t wipe down those things in the room. I guess Dh and I just don’t think about germs that much. We’re those people that say it builds your immune system lol.
2. I can’t use a white noise app on my phone because I have an iPhone 8. I have to choose if I want to charge my phone or use headphones because I refuse to buy wireless headphones
3. How big are your chip clips? I use clothes pins for our chip clips so they’re super small to pack. Using the hanger is a good idea though. I never thought to do that
4. We actually do bring multiple power banks like you do. We have two that we got on Black Friday last year at Walmart and they each have two USB ports. We charge one and use one like you mentioned

We can’t function without:

-Mini bluetooth speaker for white noise app. We fly so smaller is better.
-I have to have my pillow which I squish to within an inch of its life and roll in a vacuum seal bag.
-Safety pins. Always handy.
-Scissors
-Pop up boxes for random table top storage.
-Tinkerbell pop up hamper.
-I’m all about the liquid hand soap as well.
-My own hair dryer. Not a fan of the dryers provided.
-HDMI adapter for tablet for streaming. We spend 2 weeks in the World and like our resort rest time.

Love all these ideas! One more thing...I have curly hair and I have to use a diffuser when I blow dry. For my last trip, I found a silicone collapsible diffuser that worked perfectly with the hair dryers provided. Saves lots of precious packing space! :lovestruc

Because we opt out of housekeeping and we always seem to have more trash than the little trash cans can hold, I always bring 1-2 paper grocery sacks to put our trash in. It really helps keep our room tidy during our stay!

Yes, Clorox wipes are a biggie. Just wipe the TV remote and see how black it is! Ick. Those never get wiped down and everyone handles them........
Absolutely!!! the TV remote is the grossest thing in the room because everyone touches it but housekeeping never cleans it!!! Also use the Clorox wipes for all the door knobs and bath fixtures! Not a germ freak.... but seriously! I challenge everyone to wipe that stuff off and see how bad they are! :eek:

I also bring Ziplocks of varying sizes, and sometimes a laundry bag........
Always have Ziplocks and take them to the parks for leftover snacks, wet clothes/socks (from rain or water rides), small items like chargers fit nicely in the snack size bags too!

- Tervis Tumbler and/or Yeti drink holder
- Hand sanitizer
I guess we're boring!

But in all seriousness, the Tervis or Yeti for drinks by the pool is very handy. No quickly melting ice, longer lasting drinks, etc. Beer stays colder. :-)
Tervis is the best!! However.... we've started purchasing one each trip to use ..... all the festivals have special ones, so we now have several that we use at home all the time!
and..... you are not boring! :goodvibes these are great suggestions!!

We also bring flip flops just to wear in the room! Especially now with most rooms going to the laminate floor! I don't think those floors ever get wet-mopped! When we went in Sept the floor was so nasty.... as soon as we walked in the room I had to have housekeeping come clean!

Always have Ziplocks and take them to the parks for leftover snacks, wet clothes/socks (from rain or water rides), small items like chargers fit nicely in the snack size bags too!

I use the gallon size to make a waterproof liner for in my park bag. I put my electronics and other things that shouldn't get wet in it. When it starts to rain or if I ride a water ride, I don't have to stress about it!

Tervis is the best!! However.... we've started purchasing one each trip to use ..... all the festivals have special ones, so we now have several that we use at home all the time!

:thumbsup2

Although I should probably caution folks... Tervis cups and sunscreen do NOT go well together at all. We've ruined a few freshly purchased festival ones at the pool as it's nearly impossible for sunscreen on your hands to not carry over to the cup. We have some designated "ruined" Tervis cups that we bring now since the cup is fine, just looks terrible. Function over style. :-)

Love all these ideas! One more thing...I have curly hair and I have to use a diffuser when I blow dry. For my last trip, I found a silicone collapsible diffuser that worked perfectly with the hair dryers provided. Saves lots of precious packing space! :lovestruc

Please...I need one of these....where do I get one...TIA!

I try not to over pack and focus on the things that I can't get at my destination cheaply.

Even though these take up more room, I found if I take a small fan (white noise apps don't sound the same to me for some reason and I like the light breeze on my face) and my own pillow, hotel stays are always so much more comfortable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter