April Check-In **Official**

Is Oga's Cantina exactly like the one in WDW? You share tables and/or stand?

Also....

We will have a 1/2 day (first day) and a 1 full day (both days with Park Hoppers). We want to see Fantasmic and WOC (assuming both are available when we go). We will be there on Easter Sunday and Easter Monday. Any advice as to which day to see which one?
I'm not sure about your second question, but I believe the first answer re: Oga's is yes; standing room only or a few seated booths, which may seat you with other guests

Yay I can post now! Just got the go ahead from DH to book our hotel, so it’s official! 4/23-4/27. It will be our third trip together. The last time we went to DLR was 11/2015. Since then we’ve been to Shanghai 2x, HK, and Tokyo 2x (lived in Asia for almost 2 years!) but I’m excited to finally visit the original again.

We’re driving down Thursday night after work and staying at Hyatt Valencia for a night, then exploring LA for a day (neither of us has properly been since we were kids!) and checking into Hyatt Place Anaheim. Then parks on 4/25-4/26 and sleeping in on Monday, getting lunch at Downtown Disney, and probably taking our sweet time getting back home to the Bay Area. I’m so excited 🤗

.... We will have a 1/2 day (first day) and a 1 full day (both days with Park Hoppers). We want to see Fantasmic and WOC (assuming both are available when we go). We will be there on Easter Sunday and Easter Monday. Any advice as to which day to see which one?
Just to be on the safe side, I would do F! on the Sunday. That way, if F! is weekends only at that time (it shouldn't be, since it's the holiday and peak Spring Break, but you never know), you'll be covered. And since that Sunday is a holiday, I would book a dining package for great viewing without any headache. And WOC usually shows every night if it isn't being refurbed, so Monday should be fine for that.

Just to be on the safe side, I would do F! on the Sunday. That way, if F! is weekends only at that time (it shouldn't be, since it's the holiday and peak Spring Break, but you never know), you'll be covered. And since that Sunday is a holiday, I would book a dining package for great viewing without any headache. And WOC usually shows every night if it isn't being refurbed, so Monday should be fine for that.
Perfect! Thank you! I'll start to research some packages since dining opens up soon!

I know it mostly comes down to personal preference, but if you had a Friday, Saturday and Sunday...

which nights would you chose to do WOC, F! and fireworks?

Sunday is Dapper Day...if that helps.

This part is fun planning but I’m always just trying to get it just right before my dining reservation windows open

I know it mostly comes down to personal preference, but if you had a Friday, Saturday and Sunday...

which nights would you chose to do WOC, F! and fireworks?

Sunday is Dapper Day...if that helps.

This part is fun planning but I’m always just trying to get it just right before my dining reservation windows open
Always plan for fireworks early in your trip so that if the show gets cancelled, you can try again. For whichever show you choose for DD, make a reservation for a dining package.

Booked my party for Savi’s Workshop!! We decided to go ahead and do it our first day there so we don’t have to worry about a conflict with ROTR if we get a boarding group. I’m not sure how they are handling this situation.

Booked my party for Savi’s Workshop!! We decided to go ahead and do it our first day there so we don’t have to worry about a conflict with ROTR if we get a boarding group. I’m not sure how they are handling this situation.

From what I understand, since you have a 2-hr window for BG it limits conflicts. However if there IS a conflict, others have reported that stopping by and explaining the situation - or even just going late after you ride - is fine; they recommend screenshotting the pass for your BG so they can see the conflict. Apparently everyone is super understanding and accommodating, especially right in GE

Super exciting to book Savi's! I am counting down the days until we can too!

Always plan for fireworks early in your trip so that if the show gets cancelled, you can try again. For whichever show you choose for DD, make a reservation for a dining package.
We are for sure trying the River Belle Terrace premium dining package this time...
We did the Blue Bayou last time and it was great but would prefer a table and chairs this time...

Fantasmic will be every night? Or just Friday and Saturday night?

My 60 day reservation window opens this weekend. Does Olga's fill up quickly? Its the only reservation I'll be making early.

I wrote in earlier posts that I am splurging this year and staying onsite at the DLH. One of the huge selling points is the early morning hours at DCA. I’m not going to give that up to try and get a boarding group. I know that we are going during peak spring break time so there will be lots of crowds! We will be at DL for early morning hours as well, so hopefully we can get a boarding group on one of those days.

I wrote in earlier posts that I am splurging this year and staying onsite at the DLH. One of the huge selling points is the early morning hours at DCA. I’m not going to give that up to try and get a boarding group. I know that we are going during peak spring break time so there will be lots of crowds! We will be at DL for early morning hours as well, so hopefully we can get a boarding group on one of those days.

I am glad you aren't giving up your EE into DCA because it is so nice with it being limited to only onsite guests. When you go into DL, you can check out where you get the best service so when you have MM, you will be set.
Good luck, and have a great time.

I could be wrong, but I think packages don’t always load on the 60 day schedule. So if it’s not there, it will be soon after!
Thanks - they are actually available - I didn't realize that when I was searching I had 9:00 am selected and I guess Hungry Bear isn't available at that time. Anyway - my 60 days is in just under a week so I was practicing.

If F! has 2 shows, is there strategy to book one over the other? Are ride times any shorter while fireworks/F! is occurring? We will be seeing F! on our late arrival park day so trying to figure out an itinerary. Thanks!

Thanks - they are actually available - I didn't realize that when I was searching I had 9:00 am selected and I guess Hungry Bear isn't available at that time. Anyway - my 60 days is in just under a week so I was practicing.

If F! has 2 shows, is there strategy to book one over the other? Are ride times any shorter while fireworks/F! is occurring? We will be seeing F! on our late arrival park day so trying to figure out an itinerary. Thanks!
If you go to the first show you can stay seated and watch the fireworks show from Rivers of America. If you want it to be less crowded some people say to pick the later show.

I usually like to do the second show cause it seems less crowded.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter