I love credit cards so much! v5.0 - 2022 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know how this happened but DH doesn't currently have a chase card capable of transferring points to partners. I would like to transfer some of his points to his hyatt account (he's globalist until February and I'm planning a president's day trip). Any ideas?
I don't think we can easily meet the CIP MSR. I'm really trying to avoid getting him Sapphires until he hits the 4 year mark in August, when I have a double dip planned fir him. Can I transfer points to his hyatt account from my UR stash? Or if I set up a hyatt account for myself to transfer into, will his Globalist benefits kick in if he's on my reservation? I could also upgrade his Freedom to a Sapphire and then cancel before the planned double dip. Finally...I could just use the last of his marriott points at a different hotel. thoughts?
Make him an employee on your CIP?
edit: read it again - you don't have a CIP or CIC business card?

Make him an employee on your CIP?
edit: read it again - you don't have a CIP or CIC business card?
I do have a cip. He doesn't. And his cic didn't allow him to transfer to partners. Also... well making him an employee have any effect on him being able to get other cards going forward?

I do have a cip. He doesn't. And his cic didn't allow him to transfer to partners. Also... well making him an employee have any effect on him being able to get other cards going forward?
A business employee AU card doesn't count against 5/24. It shouldn't affect anything. Could he/you possibly transfer points to an employee CIP and then to the Hyatt? (You are correct about the CIC - I transfer my CIC points to my CSP then to my Hyatt. Forgot that.)

You may get someone else who will weigh in. Me - I just call Chase and ask.

Our flight is boarding. I literally feel like I’m playing with fire…

Any tips on how to increase our chances of actually getting back home on 1/1? Driving 25 hours sounds horrible! I’m willing to book something refundable as a back up. Any tips?

Frontier has direct flights leaving 12/31 for $120 a person. I’m tempted to just come home early.

I’d love advice if you guys have any!
I’d book something refundable for peace of mind, because if I needed to be back 1/1 I would spend the whole trip worrying about the return flight.

A business employee AU card doesn't count against 5/24. It shouldn't affect anything. Could he/you possibly transfer points to an employee CIP and then to the Hyatt? (You are correct about the CIC - I transfer my CIC points to my CSP then to my Hyatt. Forgot that.)

You may get someone else who will weigh in. Me - I just call Chase and ask.
This is actually a good idea. It never occurred to me to get an employee card for him. It should work.

I don't know how this happened but DH doesn't currently have a chase card capable of transferring points to partners. I would like to transfer some of his points to his hyatt account (he's globalist until February and I'm planning a president's day trip). Any ideas?
I don't think we can easily meet the CIP MSR. I'm really trying to avoid getting him Sapphires until he hits the 4 year mark in August, when I have a double dip planned fir him. Can I transfer points to his hyatt account from my UR stash? Or if I set up a hyatt account for myself to transfer into, will his Globalist benefits kick in if he's on my reservation? I could also upgrade his Freedom to a Sapphire and then cancel before the planned double dip. Finally...I could just use the last of his marriott points at a different hotel. thoughts?
You could create a Hyatt account, transfer points to it, then send in the form to have the points transferred to his account. If he has a concierge, I think they can speed up the process. Last time I submitted a transfer form it took almost 3 weeks.
The fastest way would be to just upgrade his CF to CSP.

Does anyone know much about the Wyndam/Caesars Status Match? I have the Wyndham Biz Card that I matched last year to Caesars for Diamond Status. My status says good until January 31st. But also shows that they reset on January 1st. I have a trip to Vegas end of February.

Can I status match right away after January 1 or do I need to wait until January 31st?

If anyone has Kroger offers on their Plat that expire soon, they all stacked today on one grocery delivery order. $15 off for a new account (Kroger offer), then $25 off $50, $20 off $40 x2 on a $126 order (inc. $6.95 delivery fee) for $46 and got lots of pantry staples. I should have added a bit more to trigger the last of the $20 off $40.

If anyone has Kroger offers on their Plat that expire soon, they all stacked today on one grocery delivery order. $15 off for a new account (Kroger offer), then $25 off $50, $20 off $40 x2 on a $126 order (inc. $6.95 delivery fee) for $46 and got lots of pantry staples. I should have added a bit more to trigger the last of the $20 off $40.
My Amex offer never credited. Our Kroger is Mariano’s in Chicago. Not sure if that is why. I only did it on Dh’s account amount 4 weeks ago. Nothing yet.

Does anyone know much about the Wyndam/Caesars Status Match? I have the Wyndham Biz Card that I matched last year to Caesars for Diamond Status. My status says good until January 31st. But also shows that they reset on January 1st. I have a trip to Vegas end of February.

Can I status match right away after January 1 or do I need to wait until January 31st?

im not sure if it has changed but before, u needed to match Caesars to Wyndam in Jan and in Feb, u match Wyndam to Caesars. I know starting this year, they were pretty picky on who can match and who cant.
im assuming though, if you have the Wyndham biz card, doesnt that automatically give u diamond on Wyndam so i dont think it makes a difference on timing?

I went for the 230k NLL Amex biz plat bundle offer via email just before Christmas, but clicking through the link, said offer no longer available. But there was a 150k + 10K NLL biz plat offer when logging into my account, so I went with that and I can do the 60k checking separately. Dangerously close to get everything in for triple dip season.

DP: Dell orders had a lot of things saying arrives Dec 30, but that was for $30 expedited shipping. I gambled on a Ring floodlight with only standard free shipping, and it looks like it's shipping tomorrow.

I guess I'm going to try gambling using my credits w/ Total Wine and see how that goes, LOL. If it ends up being separate people delivering it, I won't do that again, and I'll look for a different option to use them.

I'm hoping we get the dang snow day tomorrow. 1/2 my students are already gone. I hate the years we're in school till 12/23. Add in I'm not feeling Christmas this year. I have like no presents for my kids, nothing wrapped either. Plus my kids are being @^$@^#*& right now. UGH.

I'm also hoping that Saturday my BFs trip is cancelled. But I don't think I'll get lucky. But maybe I'll get a Christmas miracle.

Allegiant was cancelling almost all their flights I think. They only do turns (meaning they don't have crews staying overnight anywhere). So I'm guessing they were cancelling to keep crews from getting stuck. They also don't have the infrastructure for lots of planes getting stuck places. Sorry you're stuck getting your credit back. Did you try chat or twitter?

IDK if you've already tried this, but in my experience how Instacart works is that if you have an existing order at a store, you can add to that order until the shopper starts shopping. So it's not until then that you could create a separate order. I think it would be problematic to try to get the same shopper and time those orders just right.

In other news, upgraded DHs CSP to CSR and it looks like Chase applied the $15 per month Instacart credit retroactively for 4th quarter. There are 3 $15 Instacart credits backdated in currency charges. Surprised but I'll take it.

Same happened for me with the retro credit when I finally successfully activated my Chase Freedom. I hadn't successfully activated it previously, but used it for an order in November and was disappointed. I was astonished actually that when I activated it in December, I received retro credit for the November order.

Question about the amex 60K MR biz checking- apologize in advance if already answered previously but I'm really behind in this thread. For anyone asked to upload business documents for sole proprietorship, what did you use? Thanks@

Another question- this one about Chase southwest biz cards. DH was approved for one today. How soon can he apply for the other? I think on reddit I read that he can do same day, next day, whatever, but just wanted to double check. Before today his last chase biz app was 9/14/22.

Another question- this one about Chase southwest biz cards. DH was approved for one today. How soon can he apply for the other? I think on reddit I read that he can do same day, next day, whatever, but just wanted to double check. Before today his last chase biz app was 9/14/22.

Chase biz cards are 1/30 so unless there's an mdd with them I haven't read about you'll need to wait 30 days. If going for personal then tomorrow.

I thought Ceasars was doing away with the Diamond status match? I think mine got pulled this year, and then they changed their mind and said they were starting it next year. They want you to earn Diamond the old fashioned way, by gambling.

I am going to be a few thousand miles short for my SW companion pass for 2023. Can I purchase the difference in points I need prior to 12/31? Any other ideas are greatly appreciated !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter