MAY 12th-19th!! THESE ARE THE MAYS OF OUR LIVES! Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Question of the Day:

How Many Days Are you in the World and How many ticket Days Do you have?

for us it's 8/8

6/6 for us...wish it was longer but DH couldn't get more time off work. :sad1:

2 days!!!! OMG i would be peeing with excitement!!

:rotfl2:

Anyone still have ALOT to do before their trip and is just NOT up to doing it! :laughing: or am i alone??

You are NOT alone. Every time I think I'm done shopping, I think of three more things I forgot! :headache:

Katiebell,
My dh and I just book our flights for San Francisco in October. Can you recommend a hotel? My cousin lives out there, but isn't familiar with the hotels much. She gave me areas to look at...she did say Fisherman's Wharf was probably the safest and easiest to stay around. We won't have a car and will rely on foot transportation and public trans. We're looking at the Best Western Tuscan Inn...trying not to spend a fortune, but it looks like we'll be needing to spend more than we'd normally spend on a room....in S.F.!

I was there in December 05, but stayed up by my cousin in a B&B in the Mission District...pretty far away from the main attractions and not in the safest area.

Any help would be appreciated!!
Marcy

We usually stay in Santa Clara because there is a hotel right near Great America that's all suites, and very reasonable (good if we have the kids with us, my boys are older). But we always have a car, too, so that won't work for you. On our anniversary we stayed at the Queen Anne -- a bed and breakfast in Pacific Heights/Japantown. It was really cool, and we left our car parked the whole weekend and walked/took the bus everywhere. It might or might not be what you are looking for; PM me and I'll give you more info.

Okay, I think I posted everybody's pics. Wanted to get them all on the same page!! Let me know if I forgot anybody!

That was awesome! Thanks!

I won't gross any of you squemish folks out with the details, but suffice it to say that the fuzz is out.

When Dr Remover came toward me with a needle and a pair of needle nose tweezers, I almost lost my lunch.:sick:

I have to use antibiotic eye drops for 5 days. She wants to see me on Tuesday before we leave so I can start wearing my contacts again then.

Thanks for all the thoughts.:)

Jo

EEK :scared1: Well, I hope it wasn't too traumatic, and that you are feeling better now... :hug:

DH has 4 work days left, I have 5 and the kids have 6 days of school until we leave. I am so ready, the weather for next Saturday will be in the 90's (hopefully).

i just read that you only have to be 36inches to ride the Barnstormer in Toon Town! how cool!!! DD can ride!!! :yay: she will be so excited to feel like a big girl :) (no Peter Pan hat though!)

What !! :scared1: Please tell me your joking ??? What exactly are these bedbugs? Can you see them? :eek: What do you do to get rid of them?
Was this report from a recent stay??? :scared:

I believe it was a report from someone that just got back.
YOu cannot see them if you are not close enough, they are pretty small.
And yes you can bring them home with you, and you will need an exterminator. :scared1:

OK, guys, listen up, this is REALLY IMPORTANT. And I'm not trying to freak anybody out, but this is stuff you need to know. Got everyone's attention now? Good...

Bed bugs are making a comeback, and they are getting more and more common in North America. We used to think they were eradicated in the US, but since we've stopped using DDT (since it's so harmful to the environment), the little monsters have been seen more and more. They have been found in apartment buildings, college dorms, and hotels -- not fleabag places, but upscale hotels, very busy, with lots of international travelers. It really has nothing to do with cleanliness, even a ritzy places can have them. If you think about it, that describes the WDW resorts pretty well. I don't know anything about specific reports, but they could be found pretty much anywhere.

TAKE PRECAUTIONS. When you first check in, don't just plunk your suitcases down on the bed -- if you are using ME, I'm assuming they'll put the cases on luggage racks or on the floor? Pull up the covers and sheets from around the bottom of the mattress and look carefully in the seams/welts on the edges of the mattresses, and pull the headboard out and look behind it (with a flashlight if you have one). The signs are pretty clear if you know what you are looking for:

http://www.ca.uky.edu/entomology/entfacts/ef636.asp
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11877871/
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11915026/
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11916682/

If you see no signs, it's probably just fine, but it's better to take a quick look first, especially with the couple of reports of them being found at WDW -- which may or may not even be true. It's good to be careful at ANY hotel, ANYwhere. And YOU DO NOT WANT TO BRING THEM HOME. They will hitchhike in clothes and suitcases, and once you have them in your home they are very difficult and very expensive to get rid of.

Again, I'm really sorry :guilty: I do NOT want to upset anyone or scare anyone :eek: :scared1: You have to understand, I am absolutely terrified of bugs. But I just want to make sure anyone that travels knows about this stuff and is careful.

OK, guys, listen up, this is REALLY IMPORTANT. And I'm not trying to freak anybody out, but this is stuff you need to know. Got everyone's attention now? Good...

Bed bugs are making a comeback, and they are getting more and more common in North America. We used to think they were eradicated in the US, but since we've stopped using DDT (since it's so harmful to the environment), the little monsters have been seen more and more. They have been found in apartment buildings, college dorms, and hotels -- not fleabag places, but upscale hotels, very busy, with lots of international travelers. It really has nothing to do with cleanliness, even a ritzy places can have them. If you think about it, that describes the WDW resorts pretty well. I don't know anything about specific reports, but they could be found pretty much anywhere.

TAKE PRECAUTIONS. When you first check in, don't just plunk your suitcases down on the bed -- if you are using ME, I'm assuming they'll put the cases on luggage racks or on the floor? Pull up the covers and sheets from around the bottom of the mattress and look carefully in the seams/welts on the edges of the mattresses, and pull the headboard out and look behind it (with a flashlight if you have one). The signs are pretty clear if you know what you are looking for:

http://www.ca.uky.edu/entomology/entfacts/ef636.asp
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11877871/
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11915026/
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11916682/

If you see no signs, it's probably just fine, but it's better to take a quick look first, especially with the couple of reports of them being found at WDW -- which may or may not even be true. It's good to be careful at ANY hotel, ANYwhere. And YOU DO NOT WANT TO BRING THEM HOME. They will hitchhike in clothes and suitcases, and once you have them in your home they are very difficult and very expensive to get rid of.

Again, I'm really sorry :guilty: I do NOT want to upset anyone or scare anyone :eek: :scared1: You have to understand, I am absolutely terrified of bugs. But I just want to make sure anyone that travels knows about this stuff and is careful.

Thanks Katie,

I am packing my flashlight!! Although I am staying offsite. You can never be too careful

OKAy the kids and DH just came inside and DH handed me a menu and said they were delivering them door-to-door and he thought this was good for dinner....

THE MENU WAS CHINESE FOOD!!

weird!!! it's like i HAVE to have it now :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter